■Nina Caprez: About A Girl

Nina Caprez: About A Girl from Prana Living on Vimeo.

My passion for climbing started as soon as I stepped into my first real climbing shoes, I knew that this is my sport.



I grew up in the middle of the Swiss mountains in a valley called Prattigau. After finishing high school, finding no solid direction in normal life I decided to leave the "routine" and chose to continue my life as a climber. My desire to practice this sport with all his facets was so strong, that I was able to overcome all the obstacles that I came across to peruse my lifestyle.



Besides rock climbing and mountaineering I also spent time competing. During this time, I learned a lot how I have to train and what I have to do, to become a stronger climber. This made me become an even stronger rock-climber, quickly making it possible for me to red-point my first 8b route.



After a while, I lost the motivation for competitions and I started to concentrate more and more on what was for me pure rock climbing. I traveled all around the world and climbed on all kinds of rocks. From big wall climbing in Patagonia and Kirgizstan to boulder trips in Argentina, from deep water soloing in Thailand to sport climbing all around Europe and America. All these experiences and all these different styles of rock climbing gave so much practice, that it made me the well rounded climber I am now.



Through all these experiences as a rock climber, I found my big challenge: I want to climb the hardest multi-pitch routes in the world. To be able to climb a hard multi-pitch route in one day, that is my goal and what I am searching for.



Routes like Supramonte, 300m 8b, 'Ultime Demence' , 5 pitches 8a+ or 'la Ramirole', 5 pitches 8b, are the most beautiful successes in my climbing life.



I love my 'non-system' life. To be able to decide myself how I will earn my money, where I will live, when I will get up in the morning. To do what I need to do to survive. And most importantly: to enjoy every single day, with the least amount of seriousness as possible and to climb to my very best!



For more about Nina, visit http://www.prAna.com

0 コメント: